Thursday, March 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Butter Cream Mini Cupcakes

After having a not so great day at work today, I knew I could take my frustration and anger out on only one thing. Peanut Butter. Why Peanut Butter you ask? Because it's freaking delicious and makes me feel better about myself. 
And why hang out with peanut butter when you can hang out with its best friend chocolate too?  I knew I wanted a chocolate/peanut butter cupcake. As I’m very cheap I decided I would just try to create it rather than buy one at a fancy bakery (But really. I'm super super cheap). 


For the cake I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. I personally love a good cake mix. It just makes it so much easier to clean up. Prepare cake mix according to box. I cooked my mini cupcakes for around 14-16 minutes. I thought it would be fun to add in some peanut butter to the mix, so I cup up some mini reese cupcakes to the batter for a kick of deliciousness. 
The magic is all in the icing. To make the Peanut Butter ButterCream icing, I used:
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
  • 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
  • Mini Reese Cups
Mix the peanut butter and butter first using an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, followed by the cream. Mix until fluffy and peanut buttery!


I added a Miniature Reese cup on top as garnish! And who said you couldn't eat your problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment